[arch-general] tmp files no longer removed

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu Jun 21 19:42:27 EDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 1:32 AM, Kevin Chadwick <ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> I figured that, atleast the rc.local bit. There's no exec line that can
> be used in the tmpfiles.d either in arch or full systemd then running it
> at the same stage of init, just out of interest. I know there is one
> for getty I'm just not sure if it can apply to all unit files.

I'm really not sure what you are asking here, so bear with me...

The tmpfiles.d fragment is documented in the tmpfiles.d(5)[0] and the
tmpfiles utility is documented in systemd-tmpfiles(8)[1].

Both in systemd and initscripts we call "/usr/bin/systemd-tmpfiles
--clean" to clean up old files.

If you want to add your own custom stuff instead then in initscripts
you'd make a hook (as before) and in systemd you'd add a .service file
[2].

HTH,

Tom

[0]: <http://0pointer.de/public/systemd-man/tmpfiles.d.html>