[arch-general] Booting archlinux .iso to take a look

Alexandre Ferrando alferpal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 14:38:48 EDT 2012

On 22 June 2012 20:34, Chris Jones <cjns1989 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am a long-time debian user.
>
> Is there an Archlinux live environment available anywhere so I can take
> a look round without installing AL to my hard drive..?
>
> I created a grub menu entry for ‘archlinux-2011.08.19-core-dual.iso’ and
> booted successfully.. but afaict.. it only lets me run the installer.
>
> I must be missing something..
>
> CJ

You're not missing a thing, archlinux doesn't have that kind of
liveCDs, just the installer. At least officially. Can't remember right
now any live-cd aside from archbang ( but that is the livecd of an
arch based distro, not just arch IIRC)

PS: If you're looking into installing arch, don't use a core
installation, or at least grab the lattest. It is better to use a
netinstall.