[arch-general] glib: #error "Only <glib.h> can be included directly." (howto report packages)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Jun 22 15:49:26 EDT 2012

Guys,

  We have run into several new build failures with trinity related to a glib
header inclusion change in the last update or two. The trinity package are a
relatively simple fix changing the header inclusions from '#include
<glib/whatever.h>' to '#include <glib.h>'.

  However, some of the build failures experienced are not trinity build
failures, but do to other OS packages. Example, koffice fails with:

In file included from /usr/include/wv2/olestream.h:26:0,
                 from graphicshandler.cpp:23:
/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/giochannel.h:28:2: error: #error "Only <glib.h> can
be included directly."

  My question is this "When I run across these, do you want me to open a bug,
just drop a note to the maintainer, or drop a note to the list?"

  Fixes are easy enough, but before I start rebuilding everything from ABS, I
want to make sure this info gets to the right place.

  What say the devs?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.