[arch-general] Help with gnupg saving password for given time

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 22 16:22:24 EDT 2012

> I get nothing with this command.

Your programs will likely ignore the agent and use gpg directly
using the password once without an environment variable.

You should have the GPG_AGENT_INFO environment variable already setup as
the third box in this link does. You can fix it quite easily but why
it's not there already I'm not sure and is the real issue.

http://www.gnupg.org/documentation/manuals/gnupg/Invoking-GPG_002dAGENT.html

I presume you switched to openbox from something else which set this
up automatically.