[arch-general] merging files from pacnew

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 12:02:17 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I did not take care until now of all my .pacnew files !
Hopfully, my system doesn't seems broken, and I am now merging all these
files.

I of course read the WIKI, and decided to use sdiff, as I do not feel
comfortable with VI for now.
Unfortunately, I found some very fancy results when using :
*sdiff -sa -o etcfilenew etcfile etcfile.pacnew*
(I use etcfilenew to check before I replace).
I don't know why, but this command didn't return many times the wanted
result: list all uncommon lines.

I know there are some scripts around, but I am not a big fan of using
scripts I do not understand.

So for now I deal with the classic diif.

Is there a simple command line I can use, appart sdiff and Vimdiff??

TY for your help.