[arch-general] Booting archlinux .iso to take a look

Chris Jones cjns1989 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 00:32:34 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 06:15:42AM EDT, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> On 23/06/12 06:41, Chris Jones wrote:

[..]

> Please note that bridge-gnome is not supported by Archlinux and is not
> recommended as installation media.

Thanks. I looked inside the bridge-gnome iso.. but I don't know enough
about what's required to make an iso bootable from the HD.. And since
I was never able to register on the ‘bridge’ forums to ask the folks
there if it's even possible, I've pretty much lost interest.

Bit of a shame Archlinux does not provide a live environment that lets
you verify you can run X11.. connect to the network.. etc.

I guess I'll just install Archlinux to my HD when I have more time.

CJ

--
Have a nice day!