[arch-general] merging files from pacnew

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 02:00:20 EDT 2012

On 06/25/2012 06:55 AM, gt wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 06:28:15PM +0200, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 6:02 PM, Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Is there a simple command line I can use, appart sdiff and Vimdiff??
>> if use pacdiff from pacman-contrib
> AFAIK pacdiff uses vimdiff too.
>
> @ Arno
>
> If you are not comfortable with vimdiff, you can try meld. It is graphical,
> though.
I couldn't find any doc about pacdiff.
I manually merged all my pacnew files using oldschool diff and a text
editor. Not very conveniant, but it did the job.
Now playing finally with Vimdiff, as there is a lot of good doc. Even if
I am lost with all these keyboard commands, I like the dual screen
interface, and think I will stick to it. I will maybe add an entry in
the *Pacnew and Pacsave* *files*, as I think a list of most used
shortcuts could be explained.

TY for all your advices.