[arch-general] INSANELY OT: and nothing to do with the Campaign against Secure Boot

Don deJuan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 18:02:35 EDT 2012

On 06/25/2012 02:37 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-06-25 at 14:12 -0700, Don deJuan wrote:

>>> And yes, I'm a German, half of my grandparents would agree with you, the
>>> other half was killed in WWII, because they made too much noise. I've a
>>> criminal record for absence of the German armed forces.
>>>
>>> In German we say "wehret den Anfängen".
>>> Yes, I might be polemic, it might be completely useless, but do we know?
>>>
>>> UEFI dosen't kill people, so I must be a polemic German idiot. Any
>>> hints, when freedom really is attached and when we should talk about it
>>> are welcome.
>>>
>>> Oh, nobody today can get a criminal record for what I've done, the law
>>> changed a little bit, because idiots like me where haunted and today
>>> everybody has got a choice.
>>>
>>> Note! Evil companies aren't stupid, they know how far they can go, IOW,
>>> they take care that many people guess that criticism could be confused
>>> with grotesque paranoia or too much noise on a mailing list.
>>>
>>> I might be wrong, but you might be wrong too,
>>> Ralf
>>>
>> WOW!!! I am an America/German Jew myself (1st generation here) and have
>> to say you're blending so many things unrelated with mediocre issues.
>> Secure Boot & MS & Apple DO NOT equal Hitler killing Jews!!!
>
> I agree and I didn't claim something nearly similar to that.
>
>> So why not just stick to Arch Linux topics and how they directly relate
>> to actual issues at hand, or how secure boot would/will effect Arch.
>> Endless rants of evil this is just like evil that, makes you sound as
>> nutty as Hitler was.
>>
>> I honestly do not care if you are right or I am, but these ramblings are
>> moot to the point the OP sent to the list. To me personally you have
>> gone past the point of OT, way way past it.
>>
>> I think everyone who cares about this IS aware of it and if they feel
>> there is truly something to worry about then actually put action to the
>> rambles you post, such as following the link. Please keep Hitler out of
>> these talks, to me it is moronic, not polemic, or you just like stirring
>> the shit pot to see what floats.
>
> So where is the border of/fore (sorry, my English is broken) freedom
> today? I got a criminal record in the 80's just because I said NO, I
> WON'T KILL PEOPLE, today everybody is allowed to have this opinion in
> Germany. Not because people were quiet, but because people like me joint
> prison records, for not be willing to harm anybody.
>
> Civil courage might make some people look like idiots, I don't care.
>
> So without being polemic, where's the border, when we should be loud?
> As an American Jew, please don't visit Eastern Germany. It's not welcome
> in Germany to talk about it, but I still prefer that people don't be
> killed by idiots.
>
> I don't care if somebody is a Neo-Nazi or just a ruthless
> politician/firm owner, since it doesn't mean a difference. Gay Nazis
> killed other gays etc., please focus what was and today is the interest
> oft people like Bill Gates.

> [...]

The border is the rules of the board you're posting to. If you don't
like them, start your own board. But again this is an Arch board and
your points and rambles do nothing to solve, help or further educate
people about Secure Boot, let alone Arch Linux. That is all my point is,
fight any fight you want, but seriously your points do not help and have
nothing to do with the points here. If you want to fight and be vocal
about choices and freedoms and what ever other issues you personally
face due to choices YOU made in your life then do it, but do not spread
the noise to a board that has nothing to do with what you state.

You can be loud anywhere but if you are just loud to be loud, you're no
better than the boy who cried wolf. You will loose those who listen to
your words very quickly, if it just loud to be loud.

There are boards and forums for sharing the thoughts you have, why not
put them into an area where others might actually care to hear them.
Your rambles have nothing to with the topic, different views or not.
Your on a anti MS & Apple rant, stop the "evil empires" kick. I do not
run from new or differing ideas, but you are neither sharing something
new, insightful nor even relating to what these boards are about and
what this thread was started for.

Why would I ban/put you in spam, for not agreeing, that would go against
me learning new things from others ideals and processes. Maybe we should
throw in Zuckerberg into this as well, since he is the newest in the
"evil empire". Personally I have never been offended or anything by
anything you have ever said, this is not doing that, it is just
pointless fodder to ones beliefs of who/what/when/where is "evil".

My 2c

Enjoy the rest of your night Ralf