[arch-general] Campaign against Secure Boot

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Jun 25 19:29:47 EDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-06-26 at 00:55 +0200, Karol Babioch wrote:
> Hi,
>
> seems to be a classical case of Godwin's law ;).

I've got no time to read your mail now, I'll do it later, but regarding
to the first sentences, Godwin's law is another issue. When talking
about different opinions there often is a confusion with fascism. But
the discussion is about "freedom" in FLOSS, a real discussion where
fascism might or might nor be involved. Btw. Mr. Goldwin
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/8d/Mike_Godwin_at_Wikimedia_2010.jpg/220px-Mike_Godwin_at_Wikimedia_2010.jpg is not that smart as some people guess that he is, since a rule already pretentious implemented a "thingy". Does Mr. Goldwin stand above others? IMO he's just a smartass. His statement suffers from pretensions. A gobshite is unimpeachably, hence he doesn't have any opinion. To jump on bandwagons is easy.

I might be mistaken regarding to my opinion or any other person might be
mistaken to her/his opinion, but Godwin's law is just contemptuous, it's
absolutely incorrect. Using such a unreflected law is a paradox, since
it's the most evil fascism in itself, because it's a stupid
generalisation.