[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] grub/grub2 final

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 27 09:04:38 EDT 2012

> > I'll be pushing grub2 rc1 to [testing] in a moment if you want to give
> > it a try. Final 2.00 release should be in one of the next days.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Ronald
> >

>   [replying in arch-general]
>
>   Is there anything special that users of [testing] need to do to keep
> things booting ok (UEFI and/or BIOS)? Or is a simple pacman -Syu sufficient?
>
>    Thanks

Not sure if this is or still an issue for multibooters but p32 of the
Grub2 manual states this.

5.3 Multi-boot manual config

Currently autogenerating config files for multi-boot environments
depends on os-prober and has several shortcomings. While fixing it is
scheduled for the next release, meanwhile you can make use of the power
of GRUB syntax and do it yourself. A possible configuration is detailed
here, feel free to adjust to your needs.

p.s. I believe an alternative is to stick to Grub until it is fixed?