[arch-general] cpufreq stopped working

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Sat Jun 30 11:00:50 EDT 2012

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:05:29 -0400
Martin Zecher <mzecher at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for answering.
>
> I already installed cpupower with no luck. I think that the problem is
> related with the module acpi_cpufreq, which loads but does nothing at all.

For basic (automatic) scaling you don't need either cpupower nor cpufreq nor
MODULES=(acpi_cpufreq) with linux 3.4.x. From your previous email, it follows
that your kernel oopses. Please show the complete relevant piece from
kernel.log (or whatever place systemd logs to, not grepped). Also, you could
try booting w/o nvidia to not taint kernel.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key: 0x164B5A6D