[arch-general] Installing in VirtualBox - Screen goes black during installation

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 1 12:49:11 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 00:38 +0800, 郑文辉(Techlive Zheng) wrote:
> 2012/4/5 Joshua Poehls <joshua at zduck.com>:
> > Doh. I think that was it. Thank you...
> >
> > --
> > Joshua Poehls

> >> Well Linux in general has a "powersaving" or "screensaving" feature
> >> don't know the exact meaning/use of it, but anyway in console, if you
> >> don't touch the keyboard for a while the screen will blank itself.
> >> Pressing any key will wake it up again. Don't know if this is the thing
> >> you are experiencing...
> >>
> I have similar problmes here. After upgrade to the newest linux
> kernel, the virtualbox became unresponsed, and output a screen of
> dignostic informations.
>
> Anyone knows what happend?

I neither read the complete thread nor do I know what to do, but I
remember that there was an issue regarding to an upgrade of X, when
using Arch in VBox. Perhaps there's a solution or at least an
explanation somewhere in the mailing list archive end 2011 or during
2012. Windoof still is fine in my VBox running on Arch ;D.

- Ralf