[arch-general] PKGBUILD "provides" not handled correctly?

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Tue May 1 23:34:53 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 08:30 +0530, gt wrote:
> On Tue, May 01, 2012 at 05:01:16PM -0300, Norbert Zeh wrote:
> > Thanks for all your quick replies.  Immediately after firing off this email, I
> > thought it would be something like this, but for some reason I didn't bother to
> > read the manpage :(  Some would have considered this reason enough for a RTFM
> > response.  It's wonderful to see that these types of responses are very rare in
> > the arch community.  Again, thanks for your help.
>
> RTFM responses aren't rare in arch community. You were just lucky :P
>
> But, people admitting that they should have RTFM, as you did, are rare :)

Not sorry for that noise:

Some Linux users are humans, not everybody is an alien Linux nerd. RTFM
approach is a shame for the Linux community.

Anyway, I confess that Arch Wikis are amazing good, easy to read and
understand.

Smart people ask stupid question, only idiots don't ask, but fake
knowledge. Reading manuals does not give the solace that often is
needed. Humans tend to be ambivalent.

Those who don't wrangle with ambivalent usually are evil. Take a look at
the Facebook mob, if they could, they would lynch innocents.

:p
Ralf