[arch-general] wget

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Wed May 2 15:03:48 EDT 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 11:49 -0700, Don deJuan wrote:
> On 05/02/2012 11:47 AM, Calvin Morrison wrote:

> >> LOL ok thanks for your educational reminder. Next time I will RTFM of
> >> n00bs before replying to something that deserves as much of a poking as
> >> it does an answer. Honestly to me if you are using a different OS, make
> >> no claim to using Arch and you decide to post to here to find an answer,
> >> a poking is well deserved.
> >
> > Hey guys I was just wondering how to fix my honda civic so I decided to
> > post to the ford mailing list... does anyone know how to start the car?
> > I haven't bothered to read the manual sitting in my glove compartment...
> >
> > Calvin
>
> First step find a Rolls mechanic at the ford shop ;) lol

To the OP:

I had Mint Lisa installed and dropped it. I recommend to install Arch
Linux or to replace Mint by Ubuntu Studio Precise (don't care about the
"studio", the important thing is the default DE). I've got a Linux multi
boot machine, Arch Linux is amazing, but you need to do a lot yourself.
Ubuntu Studio Precise has advantages and disadvantages compared to Arch
Linux. IMO Mint isn't a good choice. Just 2 Cents, Ralf