[arch-general] wget

Don deJuan donjuansjiz at gmail.com
Wed May 2 15:50:30 EDT 2012

On 05/02/2012 12:44 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-05-02 at 15:28 -0400, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
>> Jeremiah Dodds, Wed 2012-05-02 @ 15:18:03-0400:
>>> A poking, or an RTFM, sure. All I'm saying is that what you posted
>>> doesn't help the noob. RTFM helps the noob. Pointing out that this
>>> place has nothing to do with Mint, even mockingly (even at Drepper
>>> levels of intensity), helps the noob.
>>>
>>> "Making a joke" that is only a joke to people who know enough not to
>>> do the thing the noob did does not help the noob.
>>>
>>> It's not your responsibility to help, it's also not your
>>> responsibility to hinder. We were all dumb noobs once, and I for one
>>> don't feel good if I plant misinformation in someones head,
>>> intentionally or not.
>>
>> +1
>>
>> Not replying at all is preferable to replying sarcastically in a manner
>> that might be misconstrued (however naively) as serious advice.
>
> +1

seriously to funny if the OP would have taken my joke seriously it would
have/should have lead him to doing more research. Which is what they
were lacking, obviously by posting to Arch mailing lists. It is not like
I said rm -rf / or some malicious suggestion. The +1's are as pointless
and unhelpful to the OP as my "joke"