[arch-general] Switching back to udisk1

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 4 11:55:32 EDT 2012

On Fri, 4 May 2012 13:38:27 +0100
Kevin Chadwick wrote:

> udisks doesn't use mount and so I'm forced to look at the mess which is
> polkit and udisks

After editing three files (two ineffectual), polkit is atleast
unmounting, but before I could look at what that actually means in
terms of what can be unmounted, it's asking for modify permissions. I
can hit cancel but how dumb. What has eject possibly got to do with
modify?

Surely a security technologies main requirement is to be transparent!!!

from the udisks website.

Modify a device (create new filesystem, partitioning, change FS label
etc.)