[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Dropping squirrelmail

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sat May 5 11:27:37 EDT 2012

On 05/05/2012 10:32 AM, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> FYI: I plan to drop squirrelmail from [extra]. It is orphaned and it
> wont work with PHP 5.4. (According to pkgstats it has no users anyway)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Pierre

 Actually just fyi - according to their website it will work with PHP 5.4:

  http://squirrelmail.org:

Mar 29, 2012 by Paul Lesniewski
 	 With the recent release of PHP version 5.4, some community members
have helped identify some small issues which we've fixed and made
available in our daily snapshot packages located on our downloads page.
Especially if you use the Mail Fetch plugin and want to upgrade to PHP
5.4, you should download one of our snapshot packages.

 What do you all recommend for webmail - roundcube or something else?

 gene