[arch-general] Clearing __pycache__ folders

martin kalcher martin.kalcher at googlemail.com
Tue May 8 17:07:44 EDT 2012

Am 08.05.2012 22:21, schrieb Jayesh Badwaik:
> Hi,
>
> I am using some packages in python3.2 which create a __pycache__ folder. These
> folders is routinely blocking my updates and I have to remove the folders
> manually.  Are any other among you facing the same problem? If yes, can I
> automatize it somehow?
>
> Thanks

Hey,

these pycache folders *should* be created with a python setup script
[0], which *should* be called in the PKGBUILD during buildtime, so they
*should* be part of the package. If not, python creates them during
runtime and messes up your system...

So the cleanest way is to write a setup script and send it to the
maintainer.

The quicker way is to write a simple script, the checks your file system
for disowned files. See: [1]

[0] http://docs.python.org/py3k/distutils/setupscript.html
[1]
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman_Tips#Identify_files_not_owned_by_any_package