[arch-general] [Bulk] Re:RFC: OpenRC as init system for Arch

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 9 08:14:05 EDT 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 19:45:51 +0800
Patrick Lauer wrote:

> > On occasions I have had to resort to editing shell init scripts because
> > I don't agree with the distro or devs. People shouldn't be forced to
> > Gentoo and damaging the environment.
> Wat :)
> I presume you got distracted and meant to write something else,
> otherwise I have to claim that you are a donkey ;) Thanks for the most
> surreal quote of the day (so far

Was it cryptic. I didn't get your humour either?

With init and shell rc. You are guaranteed control and adaptability and
easier understanding of all executions. With systemd you may have to
work within the expected configurations.

Basically, the premise is that a minimal Linux system should be X times
bigger.

This means you may have to recompile like the Gentoo distro to get the
system you want. Like you currently have to do if you want a smaller
kernel.