[arch-general] broken zip after upgrade

rafael ff1 rafael.f.f1 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 05:17:13 EDT 2012

2012/5/13 Arno Gaboury <arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com>:
> Dear list,
>
> after a whole bunch of fresh upgrades yesterday, 2012/05/12, I can not unzip
> with File Roller (default app), with expanding tar.gz still working.
>
> Here are the two error messages:
>
> */There is no command installed for Zip archive files.
> Do you want to search for a command to open this file?/*

Do you have the packages 'zip' and 'unzip' installed ?

> Then I click on search command button, it brings a new window:
>
> */There was an internal error trying to search for applications:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.PackageKit was not provided by any .service files/*
>

> I have no certitude, but I suspect the outdated polkit 0.104 could be the
> culprit.
>
> There is a new 0.105 version since a few weeks on the website:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/polkit/snapshot/polkit-0.105.tar.gz
>
> Following instructions, I was able to build it fine, but I don't want to
> make install on my system, as I understand it is a good way to break it.
>
> I decided to create a package following the Archwiki.
>
> Here is my PKGBUILD file :
>
> /*# $Id$
> # Maintainer: Jan de Groot <jgc at archlinux.org>
>
> pkgname=polkit
> pkgver=0.105
> pkgrel=2
> pkgdesc="Application development toolkit for controlling system-wide
> privileges"
> arch=(i686 x86_64)
> license=('LGPL')
> url="http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PolicyKit"
> depends=('glib2' 'pam' 'expat')
> makedepends=('intltool' 'gtk-doc' 'gobject-introspection')
> replaces=('policykit')
> options=('!libtool')
> source=(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/polkit/snapshot/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
>
> md5sums=('ad070a194d444fa89f627fd54a124fad')
>
> build() {
>  cd $pkgname-$pkgver
>  autoconf
>  ./autogen.sh
>  make
> }
>
> check() {
>  cd $pkgname-$pkgver
>  make -k check
> }
>
> package() {
>  cd $pkgname-$pkgver
>  make DESTDIR="$pkgdir" install
>
>  install -m644 "$srcdir/polkit.pam" "$pkgdir/etc/pam.d/polkit-1"
> }*/
>
> I corrected the old 0.104 one according to the new changes. I have problem
> with md5sums, and have no real idea how to write the numbers.
> makepkg returns an error :
>
> /*Validating source files with md5sums...
>    polkit-0.105.tar.gz ... FAILED*/
>

> So 2 questions :
>  how to deal with this md5sums error?
> Once this issue is solved, can I makepkg and install on my system, whitout
> breaking anything?
>
> TY for any help.

Get the md5sum and replace in your PKGBUILD. You can do this with
'md5sum' or makepkg -g'.

$ md5sum polkit-0.105.tar.gz
53f22a353f46abc710d5992efbe2b3a3  polkit-0.105.tar.gz

$ makepkg -g
==> Retrieving Sources...
  -> Found polkit-0.105.tar.gz
  -> Found polkit.pam
==> Generating checksums for source files...

md5sums=('53f22a353f46abc710d5992efbe2b3a3')