[arch-general] broken zip after upgrade

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sun May 13 05:46:04 EDT 2012

On 13-05-2012 08:52, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> after a whole bunch of fresh upgrades yesterday, 2012/05/12, I can not
> unzip with File Roller (default app), with expanding tar.gz still working.
>
> Here are the two error messages:
>
> */There is no command installed for Zip archive files.
> Do you want to search for a command to open this file?/*
>
> Then I click on search command button, it brings a new window:
>
> */There was an internal error trying to search for applications:
> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name
> org.freedesktop.PackageKit was not provided by any .service files/*

File Roller and zips work just fine here and as far as I know polkit has
nothing to do with extracting compressed archives, your problem is
somewhere else. Your hint should be the message "There is no command
installed for Zip archive files." so you want to install zip and unzip
and leave polkit alone.

--
Mauro Santos