[arch-general] TK related GUI program run VERY slow, any idea?

Brock Zheng goodmenzy at gmail.com
Tue May 29 10:02:40 EDT 2012

On 2012-05-29 13:38:06, Jelle van der Waa wrote:
> Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 13:38:06 +0200
> From: Jelle van der Waa <jelle at vdwaa.nl>
> To: General Discussion about Arch Linux <arch-general at archlinux.org>
> Subject: Re: [arch-general] TK related GUI program run VERY slow, any idea?
>
> On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 1:11 PM, <goodmenzy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi, all
> >
> >  I found that on my arch (64bit), GUI program which use TK lib runs versy
> > slow,
> > and it also suspend the KDE for a long time to response to the keyboard.
> >
> >  I found that when those program begin, the hard disk LED blink many many
> > times.
> >
> >    The example of that program is amsn  and gitk.
> >
> > Any one have the same phenomena? or anyone have some idea about it?
> >

> >   TK package version is 8.5.11-1, seems the most recently version.
> >
> > Thanks for any response!
> >
> > Gitk works fine for me, although my own repo can be a bit small for a
> comparison test. So can you figure out if the problems are I/O bound or CPU?
> Are you loading a big ~2Gb repo with gitk or just a small one?
   Just a small one  --- several kb source code.
   I think it has nothing todo with the GIT, it is something about TK lib.
aMSN and other GUI program using TK runs very slow, and seems they are torture
my harddisk. When starting, the keyboard nearly lost response to other programs....

--
Brock Zheng <goodmenzy at gmail.com>
郑 祎

Software Enginner
GnuPG key ID  :  90C99215
GnuPg key fpr :  EF09 4CD7 A64A 1034 4C6C  0078 EC76 1286 90C9 9215
Key Server    :  http://pgp.mit.edu