[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] linux-3.4.0-1 enters [testing]

Martti Kühne mysatyre at gmail.com
Wed May 30 07:20:32 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 03:21:07PM +0200, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
> Please report any issues that arise.

As mentioned on irc already I have had trouble with linux 3.4-1 and the
network driver (RTL8111/8168B, using r8169 module) with uswsusp 0.8-6 and
virtualbox 4.1.16-1 guests, connected through the host's bridge setup. I
haven't read up on how to script pausing all running virtual machines before
suspending, however trying to suspend with vboxes running leaves me with a
badly screwed-up, unkillable brctl process and [1] on trying to shut
down/reboot.

Update: Hmm, not sure, but it looks like it is taking a while for the virtual
maichines to recover from the host's suspend / pause and unpause.
However I added a script [2] to pause everything in /etc/pm/sleep.d, which
seems to solve the foreground issue with the unkillable process and shutdown
issues.

Update 2: As it looks, the problem of not being able to shutdown/reboot
persists despite pausing the machines, although the usage count ends up on -1
with it.

cheers!
mar77i

[1] http://i.imgur.com/HdNph.jpg