[arch-general] Powertop tunables and performance

Martin Cigorraga msx at archlinux.us
Thu May 31 04:47:27 EDT 2012

>From my subjective own experience, it don't, the only thing I don't
activate when my laptop is plugged is the mouse switch since it instructs
the system to turnoff the USB port whenever there's no activity on it and
that can be very annoying, believe me xD
Combining Powertop 2 with Liquorix kernel, Ulatencyd, e4rat, preload and
some more fancy tweakes here and there -sysctl.conf, grub kernel line,
etc.- I have a feather-light, lightspeed KDE SC full suite with every eye
candy effect on and the best part is my notebook -Pavilion dv7-4287cl-
reminds _cool_ all the time.

--
-msx