[arch-general] Problem Printing with Inkscape

David Stephenson southpointingchariot at gmail.com
Sat Nov 3 10:30:53 EDT 2012

I'm having problems printing from Inkscape. I have libcups, cups-filters,
avahi, ghostscript, gsfonts, samba, hplip, and hpoj installed. My printer
is a HP LaserJet M2727nf MFP.

I'm currently using the Postscript driver. Printing from most programs
works fine - but when attempting to print from inkscape, the job fails and
CUPS gives me a "filter failed" error.

When using hpijs, attempting to print from Inkscape results in a blank
printed page with the text "Error: /typecheck in --run-- / Operand Stack: /
--dict:6/15(L)-- 1 11 Annots/E"

What can I do to address this? What other information can I provide?