[arch-general] Invalid signatures

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Tue Nov 6 14:02:23 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 06, 2012 at 01:50:01PM -0500, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> Saw these errors from pacman today, which are preventing me from
> upgrading some packages:
>
> error: directfb: signature from "Eric Belanger <eric at archlinux.org>"
> is invalid
> error: xmms2: signature from "Sergej Pupykin <arch at sergej.pp.ru>" is invalid
> error: failed to commit transaction (invalid or corrupted package
> (PGP signature))
>
> Anyone have an idea what's up?
>
> DR

Nuke the packages from your cache, and redownload them. The error
message is misleading -- the signatures are invalid FOR the packages,
meaning the package data is not what the signature "expected".

The situation is much improved come pacman 4.1 -- we'll just prompt you
to delete the package, much like we did historically when a package
failed checksums.