[arch-general] Qingy on systemd

Curtis Shimamoto sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 13:13:22 EST 2012

On 11/08/12 at 11:42am, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> On 11/08/2012 10:08 AM, Curtis Shimamoto wrote:
> >On 11/08/12 at 07:04am, Tom Rand wrote:
> >>I had the same issue so i just went to /etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/
> >>& renamed quingy at tty1.service to quingy at tty6.service
> >>then it behaved as expected.
> >
> >Check out the service file for qingy.  It is actually aliased to
> >qingy at tty1.  So I presume copying it over to /etc/systemd/system and
> >changing that the the tty of your choice would solve that issue.
> >
> >See the bottom of the service file in the [Install] section.
> >
> >% cat qingy at .service
> >cat qingy at .service
> >[Unit]
> >Description=Quingy on %I
> >Documentation=info:qingy
> >
> >[Install]
> >Alias=getty.target.wants/qingy at tty1.service
> >
> >Regards,
>
> Just curious (if you know):  what should the service file look like
> for it to work properly when you issue the systemctl enable command?
> Should it be:  Alias=getty.target.wants/qingy@%I.service ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> DR

Honestly, I am not sure if that is proper, but I see no reason why it
should not work.  Give it a whirl and see what happens.  The worst that
could come of it is that you change it back.  I think in this case, %i
would also work, as the only difference between %I and %i is being
escaped and not being escaped (respectively).  There appears to be
nothing in the systemd.unit man page to indicate that these special
substitutions are not universal throughout the unit file.

Hope it works!
--
Curtis Shimamoto
sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com