[arch-general] Xfce4 utils

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Fri Nov 9 16:12:29 EST 2012

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 12:23:56 +0000
Leonidas Spyropoulos <artafinde at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK I will take a look at them.
>
> I want to probably use netcfg instead on network manager as I am using
> systemd. So it was be handy to have a simple panel app for connecting to
> wireless networks..

But please remember that managing networks in real-time with netcfg requires
root. Netcfg is supposed to work autonomously, not controlled via a panel
plugin. If you want to use such thing, I think you'll be better off with
NM/wicd as they use dbus for communications between user frontends and the
main daemon.

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key: 0x164B5A6D