[arch-general] Restarting at-spi2?

kendell clark coffeekingms at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 15:37:17 EST 2012

hi all
I am currently using orca v3.6.1 on xfce 4.10. Occasionally orca will
crash causing me to have to restart it. This will sometimes also crash
the at-spi2 bridge, causing orca to restart but then refuse to read
anything on the screen until i reboot. I've tried to track down the
processes responsible for at-spi. Typing ps -e | grep -i at-spi gives me
two processes. at-spi2-dbus-launcher and at-spi2-registryd. I tried to
write a script to restart at-spi2 by simply killall -9
at-spi2-dbus-launcher and at-spi2-registryd, then restarts them. but I
get a command not found error when trying to restart both of them.
Knowing nothing about dbus, I'm lost here. can anyone help? I've tried
looking at the .config/autostart/at-spi2-registryd file provided with
xfce, but it doesn't have the command I need to start  at-spi2.  I've
researched on the web, but haven't found anything promising, only old
bug reports that have been closed, and some forum posts, also about old
bug reports. my search term was "restarting at-spi2."
Any help/documentation/manpages are greatly appreciated.