[arch-general] midori-git/webkitgtk3 not using openjdk/icedtea?

Javier Vasquez j.e.vasquez.v at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:41:50 EST 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:50 AM, Ionut Biru <ibiru at archlinux.org> wrote:
> On 11/12/2012 07:00 PM, Javier Vasquez wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> According to:
>>
>> http://wiki.xfce.org/midori/faq
>>
>> It's reported that midori works with openjdk and icedtea plugin.
>>
>> However for some reason on arch (x86-64) midori-git (gtk3 support) +
>> webkitgtk3 doesn't grab java at all.  I don't see java applets loading
>> on web pages requiring them, and java.com doesn't recognize any java
>> installed...
>>
>> Is this just me, or is there anyone working with midori-git +
>> webkitgtk3 and openjdk+icedtea?
>>

> that's fine. webkit doesn't suppot yet out of process plugin and the
> java plugin is gtk2 only at this time.
>
> It would support in webkit2 but that's work in progress.
>
> --
> Ionuț

OK thanks, I thought given the documentation in xfce that it was
supporting openjdk + icedtea.

BTW, on i686 with ATI card, the stock binary midore with webkitgtk2
shows blurry fonts, that's why I moved to webkitgtk3, and that effect
no longer shows up...  I'll see if I better wait till webkitgtk3 gets
better, or go back to webkitgtk2, :-)

Thanks a lot,

--
Javier.