[arch-general] Permanent settings for touch screen

Sergi Pons Freixes sachiel2014 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 18:50:22 EST 2012

Hi All,

I am trying to configure the touch screen, for finger touch, for a Thinkpad
X200 Tablet. Using xinput_calibrator, I got the correct Area valeus for
having it calibrated, so with:

$ xsetwacom --set "Serial Wacom Tablet WACf008 touch" Area 43 81 952 937

I tested it and worked perfectly. To make the changes permanent, I created:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

Section "InputClass"
    Identifier  "Touch Calibration"
    MatchProduct   "Serial Wacom Tablet WACf008 touch"
    Option "Area" "43 81 952 937"
EndSection

But after rebooting, it doesn't work, it just takes the default
uncalibrated values, as can be seen on:

$ xsetwacom --get "Serial Wacom Tablet WACf008 touch" "Area"
0 0 1024 1024

What I am doing wrong? I also tried setting MatchProduct
"touch|Touch|TOUCH" just in case, but it doesn't work anyway.

Cheers,
Sergi