[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] steam in our repos?

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Thu Nov 15 07:17:04 EST 2012

[2012-11-15 12:59:23 +0100] Alexander Rødseth:
> Supporting packages that meet the conditions for being eligible for
> moving from AUR surely is a good thing, though?

Not really: those conditions are way too permissive - they would allow,
I don't know, like 30% of the AUR to be moved to [community]. They are
here to prevent moving blatantly useless packages to our repos, not to
be understood as sufficient conditions for moving.

> Also, steam is not just any old app. Getting this level of support for
> gaming on Linux, for the first time, is a big deal.

If you say so. But that does not balance out the legal issues.

--
Gaetan