[arch-general] immediate sleep after resume

Curtis Shimamoto sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 10:20:34 EST 2012

On 11/15/12 at 02:11pm, Leonidas Spyropoulos wrote:
> On 15 Nov 2012 13:52, "Genes MailLists" <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
> >
> > This started happening sometime after I switched to systemd (tho I am not
> finger pointing).
> >
> > Upon resume - the laptop immediately sleeps - the second resume is fine.
> > Not every time either. Fresh boot - sleep - resume cycle seems to work
> fine.
> >
> >  Googling suggested putting this in /etc/systemd/login.conf
> >
> > LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=no
> >
> > However this makes no sense to me - as surely systemd knows the
> difference between the open and close lid events. The argument made was
> that there was competition between kde and systemd to sleep/resume and this
> would keep systemd from doing anything.
> >
> > Anyway - above makes no difference :-)
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas?
> >
> >   testing repo fully updated - using kde and systemd.
> >
> > gene/
>
> Hmm I am having the same behaviour without testing repos enabled, up to
> date, and with slim + xfce.
> I am also using systemd.
>
> It might have to do with the WiFi. Mine is a broadcom chip and
> unfortunately i found only the closed source drivers work (wl).
>
> I will try the suggested from Google config.
>
> Thanks,
> Leonidas

In your apparent google adventure, I find it suprising yuo did not find
the correct answer as I have seen it come up in the forums many many
times.

Also suprising is that when you found the suggestion to use
LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=no, you didn't then find that logind.conf has
other options in that file.

See the logind.conf man page for the answer.

--
Curtis Shimamoto
sugar.and.scruffy at gmail.com