[arch-general] immediate sleep after resume

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu Nov 15 11:18:03 EST 2012

   Forgot to mention in original post - it seems well understood that
the window managers may or may not play nicely with systemd - as to who
will do power management.

   If a user is not logged in - it is still nice to have systemd sleep
system on lid close for example - and for this reason the window
managers are given the ability to "inhibit" systemd when they are
claiming to do the power management. And when they are not, then systemd
does not get the "inhibit". [1]

   Several window managers, KDE among them are supposed to "play nice"
with systemd in this regard.

  So, one suggestion some have is not to use KDE at all for this - and
rely solely on systemd - it is of course less configurable. I have not
yet tried this approach. This can be done via the same login.conf.

  It's not a huge deal, as I just press power button to wake it up
again, but curious what others have found.

  gene

  [1] I'd rather have a positive than a triple negative
LidSwitchIgnoreInhibited=no
   might be easier to read as
LidSwitchInhibitIsActive=yes