[arch-general] Weird GTK+ open directory chooser dialog behaviour

Robbie Smith zoqaeski at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 09:09:33 EST 2012

Hi list

I don’t recall when this started occurring (as most applications that
open files open them one at a time so I seldom come across it), but the
directory selection dialog seems to always open my home directory
regardless of what I navigate to. The programs that spawn the dialog
subsequently crash, as they’re trying to open *every file in my home
directory* instead of a specific directory. Googling found no results
except for [1] on our forum, and the OP thinks it has to do with
wxWidgets, but I get this behaviour with every GTK directory open dialog.

Has anyone encountered this? Or is my computer also somewhat beserk?

[1] https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=146064