[arch-general] Polluted login prompt

Kevin Chadwick ma1l1ists at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 06:31:24 EST 2012

> Problem is that it's too quiet now and even suppressing the possible
> error messages. So I don't think this (kernel boot parameter quiet) is
> the right answer to my problem.

Is there no way to redirect the output to a seperate terminal. It took
some rather longer commands than I'd like and symlink fiddling to do
that on the systemd setup I tried a while back but I'm not sure if it
included systemd output? I could check but don't know as I rarely use
that system?

universal interface'

(Doug McIlroy)