[arch-general] NetworkManager, DHCP and DNS

Guillermo Leira gleira at gleira.com
Mon Oct 1 13:03:50 EDT 2012

Hello!

I have been using wicd for a long time. I have installed and enabled
NetworkManager service (with systemd). It seems to work, but I have found
that when asking for a DHCP address, it does not register the conexion in
the DNS server (as wicd does). I can't find anything about this issue...

I have gone back to wicd, but it can't connect to my office's wifi (or I
have been unable to configure it) and NetworkManager worked at the first
attempt.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards,

Guillermo Leira