[arch-general] GHC 7.6.1 now in [testing]

Thomas Dziedzic gostrc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:33:10 EDT 2012

Hey everyone!

It's that time again for arch to get the latest ghc!
GHC 7.6.1 comes with a bunch of new and exciting features:
http://www.haskell.org/ghc/docs/7.6.1/html/users_guide/release-7-6-1.html

This morning, all the haskell packages should have been rebuilt
against the latest ghc and I have moved all haskell pkgs to testing.
One caveat is that cabal-install wasn't rebuilt but it should still
work while upstream works on patching it for ghc 7.6.1

It took just under a month to do the full rebuild because of the
amount of patching and coordination with upstream we had to do.
I will let it sit in testing for a week so that aur maintainers for
haskell pkgs have time to investigate and patch their packages.

I would like to thank everyone who worked on this rebuild!

Cheers!