[arch-general] [gnome 3] PrintScreen key doesn't launch gnome-screenshot

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 18:15:16 EDT 2012

Hello.

I'm searching some help, because I'm really stuck. I'm facing a weird
- I mean a very weird one - problem since I reinstalled from scratch a
few days ago my computer.

Ok. I'm using archlinux + gnome 3 with testing repo enabled and fully
up-to-date. And a fully systemd one if it is important.

1) Video : nouveau driver
2) Installed gnome 3 fully : gnome + gnome extra + gnome-utils
3) All bindings are correctly set in gnome system preferences.

When I press PrintScreen, nothing happens. Nothing.  Gnome-screenshot
from command line start and also when I search it.

I tried :

1) new key for screen capture : nothing
2) binding PrintScreen to launch another program : nothing
3) another keyboard : nothing

I didn't tweak anything just installed gnome, gnome extra and gnome
utils on setup time.

If you have an idea, I'm glad to hear it.

By the way, my install is very genuine, no tweaks besides the window
button ones and date, using gnome-tweak-tool. Only extension :
alternative-status-menu.

Thanks.

--
Frederic Bezies