[arch-general] Suggestions for email for a paranoid Archer

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Thu Oct 11 20:32:53 EDT 2012

On 10/11/2012 09:14 AM, Taylor Hedberg wrote:
> And I've never set up DKIM, SPF, etc. and yet I've never had problems
> with people receiving mail from my domain. Results may vary, of
> course, but I don't think it's a big deal as long as you aren't
> hosting your MTA on a PC in your basement with a dynamic address from
> your ISP or something.

I have had occasional, but rare, problems with people receiving mail
from my domains (almost all my mail originates from parts-unknown.org,
which I've had for quite a long while) and I am running from static IPs
(actually both IPv4 and IPv6) on a Linode. What I have abjectly failed
to do successfully is get a functional DKIM setup (and right now, I'm
not even running SPF). It's been a couple years now since the last time
I broke my postfix trying to set this up, but all the documentation I
found in this area at that time was seriously out of date.

--
David Benfell
benfell at parts-unknown.org