[arch-general] Suggestions for email for a paranoid Archer

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 23:23:08 EDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:49 AM,  <sungpae at gmail.com> wrote:

> Neither of these things would stop a truly determined government-level
> attacker (unencrypted mail is still vulnerable in-flight for instance),
> but it would be useful if you have not yet been identified as someone of
> interest.
>
>     guns

Being ON the Internet in itself means you cannot truly stop a
'determined government-level attacker', unfortunately. Especially true
in some countries (China, for instance). My own government, for
instance, probably has more reason to snoop on my communications than
most criminals, all other governments, and
Google/Microsoft/Apple/Facebook.

Obligatory slightly-related xkcd ref - http://xkcd.com/538/

In the end, the price of being connected (and convenience) is a loss
of privacy and anonymity. You could always do a John Conner and live
off-the-grid, though.