[arch-general] [gnome 3] PrintScreen key doesn't launch gnome-screenshot

fredbezies fredbezies at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 06:42:55 EDT 2012

2012/10/12 Rodrigo Rivas <rodrigorivascosta at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM, fredbezies <fredbezies at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I'm searching some help, because I'm really stuck. I'm facing a weird
>> - I mean a very weird one - problem since I reinstalled from scratch a
>> few days ago my computer.
>>
>> Ok. I'm using archlinux + gnome 3 with testing repo enabled and fully
>> up-to-date. And a fully systemd one if it is important.
>>
>> 1) Video : nouveau driver
>> 2) Installed gnome 3 fully : gnome + gnome extra + gnome-utils
>> 3) All bindings are correctly set in gnome system preferences.
>>
>> When I press PrintScreen, nothing happens. Nothing.  Gnome-screenshot
>> from command line start and also when I search it.
>>
>> I tried :
>>
>> 1) new key for screen capture : nothing
>> 2) binding PrintScreen to launch another program : nothing
>> 3) another keyboard : nothing
>>
>> I didn't tweak anything just installed gnome, gnome extra and gnome
>> utils on setup time.
>>
>> If you have an idea, I'm glad to hear it.
>>

> That very same problem happened to me. The thing is that newer
> gnome-screenshot versions don't get the window by default when pressing the
> PrintScreen key. Instead it saves the image into disk directly. Take a look
> into your "PICTURES" directory. execute
>
> $ xdg-user-dir PICTURES
>
> to discover what the directory is.
>
> Note that if for some reason that directory does not exist the capture will
> fail. If so do:
>
> $ xdg-user-dir-udate.
>
> HTH
>
> Rodrigo.

Sorry, it won't help at all. Nothing - and I mean nothing - is started
right after I push PrintScreen key. No flash, no sound.
GnomeScreenshot is working from command line.

And I ran xdg-user-dirs-update after starting my first gnome session.

It is like the key is dead. But it is not a keyboard problem, same
thing happens with another keyboard.

Thanks anyway.

--
Frederic Bezies