[arch-general] Final step before changing to systemd

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Mon Oct 15 22:37:20 EDT 2012

[2012-10-15 22:56:26 -0300] Martín Cigorraga:
> On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 10:50 PM, Gaetan Bisson <bisson at archlinux.org>wrote:
>
> > Well, do you actually have network filesystems you wish to mount?
>
> Yes I do, I have several NFS4 shares in my household network but I'm
> looking forward
> to implement Avahi/Zeroconf instead since NFS4 takes ages to give up at
> boot if the
> servers are offline.
> Should I still enable the service then?

I have no idea but I found this nifty page for you:

	https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Systemd#Remote_filesystem_mounts

	"Systemd automatically makes sure that remote filesystem mounts
	like NFS or Samba are only started after the network has been
	set up. Therefore remote filesystem mounts specified in
	/etc/fstab should work out of the box."

Sounds like a winner. Enjoy!

--
Gaetan