[arch-general] Polishing systemd

Leonid Isaev lisaev at umail.iu.edu
Tue Oct 16 17:37:35 EDT 2012

On Tue, 16 Oct 2012 23:08:33 +0200
Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:

> Am 16.10.2012 20:15, schrieb Martín Cigorraga:
> > Interesting, but I don't know. This may be a polkit setting. If you find
> > out, I'd be interested.
> >
> > I was sugested in the #systemd channel that this may be associated with
> > dbus:
> > 06:31:17 Mithrandir | sounds like the dbus config isn't restrictive enough,
> > you should get something like:
> > 06:31:20 Mithrandir | > systemctl reboot
> > 06:31:22 Mithrandir | Failed to issue method call: Access denied
> >
> > I'll keep you informed while I continue investigating this issue until I
> > have
> > enough info to file a bug.
>
> That's not it. It's intended that you can reboot/halt as user, if nobody
> else is logged in.

Actually, I am seeing this too.

More precisely, from console "systemctl reboot" works as a normal user.
However, when X (and xfce4-session) is started via "startx -- vt1" I can no
longer do that (with the same error message as Martin). In both cases
"loginctl" shows an assigned seat0, and inside xfce "ck-list-session" shows an
active session on /dev/tty1, so I can reboot/poweroff via ck/polkit/sysvcompat
layer.

I can't try gnome to check whether it is an issue with xfce4-session not being
systemd-aware, because somehow gnome-shell segfaults on startup for me :(

--
Leonid Isaev
GnuPG key: 0x164B5A6D