[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] iproute2 to base

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Tue Oct 16 20:21:01 EDT 2012

[2012-10-16 10:41:09 -0500] Leonid Isaev:
> I fully support having netcfg in base (and as a default network backend in
> arch) because it is far better than the alternatives :) I don't think that
> wpa_supplicant/crda belongs in base (for instance routers don't need
> wpa_supplicant but may require hostapd), but iw (and iproute2) definitely has
> to go there as it provides some hardware management capabilities.

Since routers do not need netcfg any more than they do wpa_supplicant,
with your reasoning, it should not be in base either...

If we stick to the definition that the base group should contain
everything needed too boot up a minimal system and connect it to the
network, then I do not see how you can consider wpa_supplicant optional.

--
Gaetan