[arch-general] gnome-session won't start [testing + gnome-unstable]

Gary van der Merwe garyvdm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 03:09:44 EDT 2012

Hi

I tried upgrading to gnome 3.6 using the gnome-unstable + testing repos.

gdm did not start. So I started xinit manually. From xterm (started by
xinit,) I tried to run gnome-session. I got this error:

gnome-session: symbol lookup error: gnome-session: undefined symbol:
g_spawn_check_exit_status

I then tried to run metacity. I got this error:

metacity: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.so.0:
undefined symbol: g_object_replace_qdata

Please let me know if there is any more info you would like, or if there
is any thing I can do to help.

Thanks for the effort you are putting it to this. I'm looking forward to
using 3.6

Regards,

Gary