[arch-general] devtools broken?

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:36:38 EDT 2012

On 17 October 2012 11:43, Lukas Jirkovsky <l.jirkovsky at gmail.com> wrote:

> You seem to be right, I tried to update my chroots and it doesn't work
> for me either (the same problem is reported) on a non-systemd system.
> I'll try to track it down, because I need devtools on this system.
>
> Lukas

The problem is in /usr/sbin/mkarchroot:

line 266:
       for host_config in resolv.conf localtime; do
           bind_mount /etc/$host_config ro
       done

line 303:
       for host_config in resolv.conf localtime; do
           umount "${working_dir}/etc/${host_config}"
       done

If you comment out these lines, it will work. I'm not sure whether
this is a correct fix. If I find a better fix, I'll send a patch to
arch-projects.

Lukas