[arch-general] Leafnode and Systemd

Whiskers catwheezel at operamail.com
Fri Oct 19 14:06:39 EDT 2012

On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 07:23:51 +0200 Damjan Georgievski <gdamjan at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Thanks for the pointers; something for another evening
>
>This bug has attached sysemd service files for leafnode.
>https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/24530

Interesting  :))  I'll play around some more and report back.

Two points occur to me:

1) If the system's /etc/hosts file contains both Pv6 and IPv4 entries for
localhost, I think naming the localhost (instead of putting the
traditional 127.0.0.1) should make systemd look up the corresponding IP
address and use whichever comes first in /etc/hosts.  I'm pretty sure that
works with xinetd, anyway.

2) Once functional socket and service files have been worked out, they
should be passed upstream to the maintainer of Leafnode, for inclusion in
his documentation.  This would be more widely helpful than modifying the
Arch packages - Leafnode users are accustomed to setting up their own
access controls, with help from the documentation.

--
--  Whiskers