[arch-general] Is it proper that I add some material about raspberry pi on Arch over the Archwiki?

Øyvind Heggstad mrelendig at har-ikkje.net
Mon Oct 22 08:35:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, 22 Oct 2012 03:17:50 -0200
Victor Silva <vfbsilva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guys some time ago I got a Pi. I know there is much to be done with
> it, so far I`ve installed arch on it, running a seed box at the
> moment. The idea would use the power of archwiki to have people
> sharing information and having cool ideas for raspberry pi. I`ve seen
> guys doing great stuff like a solar powered py running SETI at Home,
> mods to run pinball machines and so on. But all this information is
> still scattered on the Internet making it a bit harder to people just
> starting up.
>
> For instance:
> http://www.raspberrypi-tutorials.co.uk/
> http://elinux.org/RPi_Tutorials
>
> Just as example are quite scattered regarding format. So maybe we
> could use the community to build a great wiki. The
> http://archlinuxarm.org/ seems to have no wiki. (Do they use
> https://wiki.archlinux.org/ ?)  Could one please give me some
> pointers of how could I start it?
>

> I tried to get some info on archlinuxarm.org website but so far no
> answer. http://archlinuxarm.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=3992
>

> Hope this can work.
>
> Regards,
> vfbsilva

Just a small sidenote here:

archlinux does not support arm. The archlinux-arm project is a
compleatly independent project and is not supported by archlinux at
all, and a disclaimer for this should probably be put on the wiki page.

On the other hand, 64bit support in arch started out as a community
project too, so you never know what the future will hold :)