[arch-general] Issues with torrents

Alexandre Ferrando alferpal at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:57:18 EDT 2012

First of all, I don't know if this is the right place to ask such a
question, so excuse me if it turns to be it isn't.

Some days ago I realized that most of my torrents (mostly related to
the openbittorrent tracker but also including another ones (The arch
iso torrent works, though) ) fail to download. The information about
how many seeders/leechers are is displayed, but the count of how much
seeders I'm connected to remains 0 and no download happens.

In my low knowledge of troubleshooting networking issues I've tried to
ping those trackers that are giving me problems, getting on all of
them a 100% packet loss. Also, traceroute is not able to give me a
full route of the packets.

I've tried to flush my pdnsd cache, change dns but I keep getting the
same result after repeating the above

I ask on this mailing list because I'm experiencing this on both my
home connection and at the university so I thought It could be
something related to my computer or something in common in both
connections. I don't know and I'm completely lost in this.

Should I assume that this is something beyond my reach and try to live
with it while it gets solved on another level?

Thank you in advance